Sunday, October 7, 2012

Facebook reaches one billion users


Facebook is a popular social networking site that we have all started to use more frequently in the last 10 years. I have a Facebook account, now for 6 years and I have to say it is something that really just takes up lots of your time. This could be a good and bad thing mostly, I view Facebook as something that bores me yet I always find myself constantly on it for no reason. It is annoying to a site that just takes up a majority of your time just to look at what other people have to say as well as pictures they post. I have become a bigger fan of Twitter mostly because I do not have tweet if I do not want to, I can see what people I know have to say about certain things. Twitter is a very important news source these days which I enjoy more than Facebook but that is just my view.

Facebook has just gone public and is now a key player in the American economy. Its funny to think about how a social networking site such as Facebook has so much power, but that is what is the now in this country and in the world. Facebook has had a movie come out relating to the development of the company.  This was a major movie that was very successful as well. Facebook was on a rollercoaster that shot up really quick but is still going up at this point, eventually the ride will have to come down. The fact that Facebook now has hit a major milestone having 1 billion users is truly amazing. “This morning, there are more than one billion people using Facebook actively each month," he said. "Helping a billion people connect is amazing, humbling and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life” said Mark Zuckerberg Co-founder and CEO. “Topping the 1 billion mark means that Facebook now reaches one out of every 7 people on the planet.” That stat is incredible; it proves how popular Facebook is around the world. Facebook and Apple are the two companies that are really gaining in popularity, and are truly leaders in both of their industries.


No comments:

Post a Comment