Tuesday, September 11, 2012

More News about new iPhone 5

We are all waiting for the new iPhone 5 to hit the market soon enough, so people are starting to evaluate what improvements are going to be made to the already stellar product that Apple has created. There is news coming out that the iPhone 5 will have improvements to Siri as well as a maps update. Having an iPhone, I would be the first to admit that I really do not use Siri as much as other people. I find it to be more of a challenge, because if it does not process or Siri thinks its something other than what I said than I am going to be directed somewhere that I have no interest in being. The maps part of the iPhone is something I use very frequently. When going to work the first couple of weeks and not knowing where I had to go, the maps app really helped me get to where I needed to go. There is a option where you are walking in the app so it could tell you how much time it will take etc.

"Apple's new Maps application will have a voice navigation feature. It will have real-time traffic data and offer alternative routes as traffic conditions change. It will also include "flyover" three-dimensional images taken by helicopters hired by the company to fly over major cities. Google has been dispatching its own planes to produce similar 3D images." This is something new to the iPhone and is something that I am very interested in experiencing once I get the chance to get the new iPhone. It is really amazing to believe that it will be able to display images to the place that you need to get to. All of the innovative technology advances that Apple continues to create is only going to make an already flawless product better and something that is impossible to compete with. In regards to Siri here are the new developments: "Apple says it is partnering with Yelp Inc. so that Siri can include ratings and prices of restaurants when you ask her about places to eat. The company is also partnering with OpenTable Inc. to make reservations. Siri will now be available in more languages and more countries." So again Siri has improvements that could let it provide additional information when asked. 

Link: 
http://news.yahoo.com/apple-mobile-software-maps-siri-211346359--finance.html

No comments:

Post a Comment